Monday, May 13, 2013

"Me" Time

A good friend of mine just recently went through a bad break-up (they were practically married, well they were in spirit, but not legally, long story).

Anyway, now she's feeling the loss of not having a family and is considering having a baby. So I told her it really is an amazing thing. My only doubt with it, is she is at such a pivotal moment in her life. She is just coming out of a heavy depression. She's changed so much already to become more healthy mentally and physically. What I told her about having a baby is your "me" time diminishes greatly.

She asked me what I meant by "me" time and for some reason, maybe because I haven't been sleeping so great due to my sonshine - I could only say "um, you know, like having your hair look nice when you leave the house..."

Anyway, I can't believe the following didn't spill out of my mouth. These are the things I either have to do with an eye on the baby or have someone watch him:

  1. Using the restroom
  2. Taking a shower
  3. Brushing my teeth
  4. Painting my nails
  5. Putting my make up on
  6. Going to get my hair done
  7. Going to the gym/exercising 
  8. Going out for a drink
  9. Spa day
  10. Nap whenever I want to
  11. Running errands on a whim (I have to consider if he's napped yet, or what his feeding schedule is like)
  12. Long road trips
I can probably say more, but these little things - and I know a lot of them are literally 'cosmetic', but these things I miss taking my time on. Don't get me wrong, my amazing husband helps me out so much, but my point is, from now on, everything I do needs to take consideration for my lil ray of sonshine and who can help or how do I get him into the same room with me while I do it.

Lastly, I did tell her I wouldn't take it back for anything in the world and there's definitely the trade off and I would be supportive of whatever she decides.

No comments:

Post a Comment