Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Forgiveness, and Self-Worth

It's National Forgiveness Day today. It's ok if you didn't know that, I forgive you.

Anyway, it made me think about the act of forgiving and being forgiven.

Do you ever say you are sorry just so someone can say it back? I have, and it doesn't feel the same when that person apologizes immediately after.

Sometimes we count on others for our self-worth. Whether it's by receiving compliments, being told "You are right", or being apologized to. It seems like such an egotistical thing, but it is so engrained in our being.

I want to start being more selfless. Letting go of the ego. I don't want to want to hear how I was right about an argument, or fish for compliments. If these things do happen, it should just be the sugar on top.

It's hard letting go of the ego. Time to be in the moment.





No comments:

Post a Comment