Thursday, January 2, 2014

The New Year and Aspirations

My only goal this time is to try to exercise at least 30 minutes a day. I'll count jogging, going to the gym, doing an exercise video, dancing, walking, hiking, swimming...etc as exercise.

I had hubby take pics of me yesterday since it was the 1st of the year. I don't want to psych myself out by saying "ok I want to see a difference in a month!" So all I will focus on is the exercise and nutrition and go from there.

Additionally, I am going to try to eat better. I love Chinese food and Asian foods but I need to cut down. I know a lot of places use MSG and that's bad bad bad. I am reading ingredients on labels now and if any of the first 3 ingredients are sugar I will put it down. (Chicken broth is Salt, Sugar, MSG). I'll focus on grains, vegetables, and organic/grass fed meats or fish.

I can do this, I have the power to change. I need to remind myself of that. I am not a victim to my circumstances. I've overcome many obstacles and this is simply a challenge that I can conquer.

Everyday I will try to post what my exercise was for the day. Today I am starting Day 1 of Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred.


Well, here's to a new start!


No comments:

Post a Comment